4 Sievers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Learn from my mistake

Paper is always better than electronics.
While camping I was having a hard time going back to sleep when I remembered something super random, my journal I kept during my senior year of high school and freshman year of college was gone and had been lost. I kept my records on my computer at the time and about 8 months ago my computer crashed and all of my documents were gone. I didn't think that loosing my documents at the time was a big deal because I forgot about my journal from those two years, and I finally remembered randomly while trying to fall asleep. I was so depressed because those were probably my two favorite years. Everything I wrote about my senior year of high school is gone and I can't get it back. I am even more sad that everything I wrote about Andy and I and the beginning of our relationship is all gone too. Now I have to go back in time and in my mind and try to think of the things that I think are important enough for my children to know and read. If I would have just written it down in a regular paper journal everything would still be there. That is why paper is always better than electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment